Managing Director (part time)
Accepting resumes through 12/14/18
Mission: To provide assistance to families of children with chronic & life threatening illnesses.
Job Title: Managing Director
Reports to: Executive Committee of the Board of Directors
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- To give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's mission, and its annual goals and objectives as outlined in its strategic plan
- With the Chair, enable the Board to fulfill its governance function
- Overall coordination & management of day-to-day operations of the organization
The Managing Director is responsible for the following areas:
- Operations Management (fiscal, personnel, development, public relations):
- Oversee all of the day to day operations of the organization
- With the Treasurer, oversee fiscal management of the organization including cash flow, payment of outstanding bills, and applicable investments.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Effectively manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Work in coordination with staff and board to oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services
- Assure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Board Relations:
- Support operations and administration of Board by maintaining regular communication between board & staff
- Plan and attend quarterly board meetings
- Serve as ad hoc member of all Board and volunteer subcommittees
- With Treasurer, develop annual budget for Board approval and prudently manage organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Present annual report to the Board regarding progress on strategic goals, the fiscal health of the organization, and future goals and strategies.
- Implement board recruitment & succession plan
- Plan and execute annual Board Retreat
- Passion for the mission of CJSTUF
- Broad experience in management of similar organizations or groups and/or nonprofit work
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- IT fluency, i.e. Microsoft Office, use of social media
Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com. In cover letter, include details about your experience with nonprofit management, fundraising, volunteer management, etc.
Position closes December 14, 2018